Pages

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Happiness Project 2.0

Happiness Project 2.0



Today is the 1st day of the rest of your life!

I'm starting right here...right now! 
Focusing on all the "awesomeness" I've found time to create! 
Not focusing on the regrets, the time lapses, the missed moments!

It's all going to be ok!

You see, once upon a time, there was a little girl who received her 1st diary when she was about 7 years old.

She loved everything about it. She didn't remember where she got it or who it was from. But she adored the way it felt. She loved the lock...and it had keys! It was awesome! She hid it every time she wrote in it..between my mattresses. She promised to place all of her deepest, darkest secrets in the pages of this special book.

Of course, sadly, I had a hard time finding time to write in it. 

I didn't have many secrets. And they certainly weren't deep or dark.

Eventually, I got "too old" (my own words), and moved on from my little diary. 

I didn't write much as a teenager. During, my high school and college years I wrote notes to friends and boyfriends but not any notes I have to hold onto.


And the pattern emerged....

In 2008, I found the need to write. I was married with a baby and I wanted to write not about my secrets but my special, quiet moments. Moments I wanted to remember forever!

And then my next entry was 15 months later.

I wrote it 2009 and apologized...TO MYSELF....for not writing more frequently...and promised to write more often!

And then my next entry was 3 months later.

And then 7 months, in June 2010 later I began My Happiness Project!

And then in 2012 I started this blog.

Since that time, I've written 88 times!

For those 88 blogs, I am so grateful!

I look back at my Happiness Project as seriously some of the happiest moments!

Let me explain....

I had an amazing childhood. I have an awesome family. 
I married the most incredible man! 
We have hit the jackpot with our children! 
Together, we have created a really special family and a really, really great life!
I have fabulous friends!
We have a great house. I have a job I adore!
THERE. IS. SO. MUCH. TO. BE. HAPPY. ABOUT!

Here comes the but...

BUT...My memory is awful!

I move fast. It's something I'm working on. I work on and off of lists and I like to have things complete. I am my own worst enemy and I am harder on myself than I am on any of my friends or family. (We all are! And we need to cut ourselves some slack!) 

Because I move fast, I miss the small moments. Teeny, tiny, really big important moments seem to slip right by me because I'm moving fast, I'm not in the moment and I'm truly not paying attention.

Gretchen wrote... 
"There is an importance of keeping happy memories vivid!"  

AND

"Recalling happy times helps boost happiness in the present!


I think I perceive the moments that made up my Happiness Project to be the happiest is because
I remember them the most!

And so...here we are...
On this day...
January 7th, 2018 

There are no promises

Just hopes of writing down more happy moments!!

Because Happy Moments = Happy Memories!

And after all....

Happy Matters!

Love, T

No comments:

Post a Comment